The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas, and configuring images at instantiation.
- Launch an instance.
- Manage projects, quotas, and users.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Create and manage block and object storage in the OpenStack framework
- Customize instances with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable stacks.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using RHOSP director.
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.